Hi! My name is Rosa but most people call me Mama Ro.
My passion is supporting families through pregnancy, labour, birth, and the post-partum period. I believe in providing non-judgemental support to families and I work hard to help each family find the style of birth that works best for them.
I strongly believe in providing practical unbiased support to families so that they can feel confident in their ability to care for their growing family. I love birth and birthing people!
I continue to seek and learn new information in order to improve my Doula skills. I have been a DONA International trained and certified Birth Doula since 2012 have had the privilege and honour of supporting compassionate care as a Birth Doula to over 200 families in the Greater Vancouver Area.
If you are interested in support but are not sure of how a Doula could benefit you, please do not hesitate to reach out to me and I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have. I take great pride in helping mothers and families navigate through the exciting beginnings of parenthood.
Doula Related Experience
- DONA Birth Support Course – Doula Training (2012)
- Massage Techniques for Birth Professionals (2012)
- Postpartum Doula Workshop hosted by DONA at Douglas College (2014)
- Seminar on Childbirth by Penny Simkins (2015)
- Seminar on Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin (2015)
- Perinatal Education Day at Douglas College (2015)
- Breastfeeding Education Course hosted at Douglas College (2016)
- Mentored a student Doula (2016)
- Presented at the Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Nursing (2016)
- Presented at a seminar hosted by Langara College School of Nursing (2017)
- Seminar on breastfeeding by Dr. Jack Neumann (2017)
- Mentored a student Doula (2018)
- Re-Certified with DONA (2019)